Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 7 & 8 - The bad days and first week mark... :/

Day 7 - 05-31-14

I woke up early... LOTS to do! I had my Pink Drink and got busy. We had a whole house to clean before people started showing up. The boyfriend had been getting up every three hours or so to check on the brisket, so we were both starting off groggy. Considering we've been remodeling (I say we, but it's really just been him), we had quite a mess in the house. I asked my sister if she would come over early to help me, because it just seemed like too big of a job for just the two of us. I stopped probably about an hour after my pink drink to have a small cup of cereal (a coffee cup is about the right serving size and keeps you from over-filling your bowl.)

We ended up getting everything done (besides food) before my sister showed up about two hours before 'go' time. We had brisket, beans, corn, mashed potatoes, a fruit tray, a crumble apple pie, and cheesecake. Food and drink ensued and I KNOW I ate WAY beyond what I was supposed too, it also didn't help that I was drinking plenty of mojitos. They are just so good! We had friends over until close to two in the morning and finally crashed. I did remember to take my ProBio 5, which is kind of impressive considering.

I HIGHLY suggest that you don't do this. Goodness....

Day 8 - 06-01-14

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Not nearly as hungover as I thought I would be. Could be the two aspirins I took before passing out. I woke up much earlier than I expected and weighed, since today is the official day of my second week. 241 pounds. Yup. I had gained three pounds. I sulked some while I readied my pink drink and then chastised myself for my total failure yesterday. I KNEW that was the reason.

I ate a cup of cereal for breakfast and then measured myself once the boyfriend woke up. An inch down... Wow. I was laughing in the bedroom about it for a moment. Three pounds gained, but an inch lost. I will still count this as successful with a minor hiccup.

We met some friends at Hooters (yes, that place) for another 'going away' party/gathering for the boyfriend and another of our friends (who didn't show up) and split some wings. We then stopped at Costco and got some individually package beef jerky (a friend who is also doing Plexus said that she makes sure to eat plenty of protein and she bought those), a planter pot, some vegan chips (delicious!) and gas. Went home and spent some time outside replanting, watering, and talking about mowing, but since it was a few degrees shy of 100, we passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment