Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 16 - 06/09/14 The Leaving Day

Had my normal morning routine, except for the fact that I took off from work to take the boyfriend to the airport, after which I won't see him home for three months. Ugh.

Breakfast was a baked egg in an avocado. Yum! I find avocados delightful! It was a little later than normal, so almost more of a brunch then anything. Then we drove out to the airport and said our goodbyes.


I drove home sad, but hopeful. This was a great opportunity for him! I get home and sit down to watch a movie and eat...paused in the middle to do some dishes and clean out the refrigerator, adding more dishes, then finished the movie. Did all the dishes we have...ALL of them. Then I decided to clean off the counters, so I rearranged some of the items and kitchen gadgets that sit on shelves in our washroom and garage then scrubbed the counters. Swept. Fretted. Watched some shows, and then messaged my mother that I was going crazy and I had been home by myself for all of three/four hours.

She, of course, didn't reply (she is on vacation out of state), but another of my friends called to see what I was up to and if I wanted to go have dinner and catch up. It had almost been a year since we've seen each other. We met up with another friend and ate and had some drinks and I stayed up much too late considering I had work in the morning. But I couldn't appreciate it any more. I slept twenty time better than I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment