Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 12 - 06/05/14 The Hardest Day Of The Week

Pink drink, thirty minutes, 2 waffles-dry, work work work. I did have a protein snack around 10:30/11. And then it just goes downhill...

My parents are out of state and I'm going round to their house at some point during the day (either during lunch or after work) to feed the animals: two dogs, a miniature pony, cats and their kittens, and chickens. I pull up to their mailbox and somehow get the brilliant idea to just lean through my passenger window since I have a FIAT and they're tiny. I didn't, however, think about my arm wrest and broke it. Yup.

Irritated at myself, I pull up to the gate and realize that I have no freaking clue what I did with the keys to not only get into the house, but to open the gate. After searching for a while I gave up and decided to just climb the fence and wing it. I get over with no issues, which is amazing because I'm not wearing the proper footwear for climbing fencing. With some issues, I get the garage door to open (I had forgot the code and hadn't used my clicker before getting out of the car...I'm so smart sometimes...) and make my way into the house. I water plants, make sure everything is in order and then make my way to the backyard, scaring frightened kittens along the way.

I grab up three big dog bone treats and open the gate, where the pony is waiting anxiously for me, whinnying like he hasn't been fed in a week, all is pretty normal. I give him his treat and make my way to the dog enclosure (they escape if out of eye sight within five minutes), I let the dogs out and continue to my duties. Sweet feed and hay for the pony, chicken scratch for chickens and babies, food for the dogs and then all hell breaks lose.

The dogs did something and spooked the pony who then made a mad dash for his protective enclosure, making me step out of the way to not be run over. The chickens were frightened by this and started making a horrendous amount of noise, worrying me and so I go to make sure that nothing is actually in their pen. All clear! When I come out the dogs run around and knock me over so now my work clothes are all dirty.

I grumble and complain all the way through the rest and locking up the house before climbing back over the gate... I was unsuccessful in this attempt and came crashing down the other side. I laid there groaning for a brief moment before I started to get up and see the gate keys had fallen under my car. UGH! All this for nothing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment