Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Starting this back up on my journey to a better me...

It's hard to write down exactly how it feels to be a young 26 year old, 5 foot 6 inches tall...and 238 pounds. I've always been uncomfortable with my size. How could I not be? Every time I got to the doctors, even if it's for a sinus issue, I'm reminded that I'd probably do better in my life if I would just lose weight.

I used to be an actress in community theater (musicals mostly) and danced my heart away, usually losing about 2 inches (MAYBE) during a show, but no weight. I was told that I would never get big parts until I lost the weight. "About 100 pounds" is what was told to me that day. I took a step back from theater and tried to lose some weight and decided that I enjoyed eating out with friends more than I enjoyed nasty old women in theater.

Now, I'm taking that step. Obviously, I cannot do this on my own, considering I've been around this weight since I was bout 14/15 and slowly but surely getting worse. I'm at my heaviest now and although I know my boyfriend is happy with me, I just can't get over the uncomfortable feeling I have when I'm changing, or getting in to or out of the shower.

Plexus.

"Oh, girl! I've read so much bad stuff about that!!" Yeah Yeah. So have I. I've done my research. I've read the horrible 'articles' that some people have written about the product and there is nothing to back up what they are saying. Everything I read that is a negative light on the product eventually goes on and pushes some different company.

I've seen the results in an 'acquaintance' of mine. Someone I see at gatherings several times throughout the year, but spaced apart. I knew she was doing "the pink drink" is what everyone was calling it. I watched her husband shed the pounds and just listened to the stories. I saw her at Christmas and contemplated starting it up myself, but after I came back from vacation, and after I had my knee surgery.

Now I'm sitting here, almost five months from my vacation and surgery and I've just started. Technically this is day four. I'm going to try my best to keep as up to date blog on this as possible - my experiences while taking this major step in my life.

Day 1 - 05/25/14
I had my 'pink drink' before breakfast, like it tells me too and read over (again) the instructions on the bottle and the instructions from my friend. The Plexus Slim ('The Pink Drink') actually tasted pretty good. A lot like the artificial water 'enhancers' that eventually upset the acidic balance in your stomach and causes re-flux. There was something different about this though, a different taste completely. I had a blueberry muffin for breakfast.

I've ordered the ProBio 5 and the ProBio Cleanse as well. I was told to go easy on the Cleanse and just start off with one pill a day, building up to taking two pills twice a day between meals. The ProBio 5 is taken with the evening meal or before going to bed. I measured and weighed myself of course. :/

Day 2 - 05/26/14
The weather has been all over the place, so my body is aching especially my back and knee. I wonder if losing weight will help that, but whatever. I had my pink drink and french toast prepared in a waffle iron. I could already tell that my body was telling me when to stop. I might have had two slices. This was a rather bad day for me. We spent the day at the lake and had beers. I only had two before I started on water. I know I didn't drink enough water for the day, but I felt good. We went out for burgers after that and I ate half of mine and was almost miserably full. Good to know!

I was also expecting with the BioCleanse that I would have to be running to the bathroom pretty often, but so far it's just my normal schedule, with a couple added pee trips. (TMI?)

Day 3 - 05/27/14
Had my pink drink as I was driving to work and then had a half a bagel for breakfast. Today wasn't so easy. I had forgotten quite a few things at home, including my acid re-flux medicine and I was miserable. I did resist the urge for coffee, but the more water I drank the worse I felt. Lunch came around and I had to eat very quickly because of work, which didn't make things any better. I snacked a little bit, but I think it's mainly because I'm so used to eating a small handful of raw nuts around 10:30 and then again at 2:30 or so.

(This may be TMI for some.) I take a low dosage birth control pill continually so that I don't have to mess with periods. It's been fantastic! Well... I had some 'break through bleeding.' ...Yay... I'm sure every woman can understand and read the sarcasm in that little three letter word. I was not pleased. I was upset. My day had already started off in the wrong foot and then this?! I felt like crap and after lunch was taking my temperature to see if I had a viable excuse to go home. I didn't though, I was only about one degree higher than normal.

Still the same bathroom breaks. No rushing off with the 'Cleanse runs' yet. They say to take half of your body weight and drink that in ounces. 119 ounces?! Ooookay. I had roughly about 72 ounces yesterday and thought that I was going to start throwing up pure water. It was a horrible feeling. I talked with my boyfriend about the feeling when I got home from work and he told me to not try and drink 119 ounces in the first couple of days, to build up to it. Makes a lot of sense.

We went out to eat and then to the movies. I probably over did it. Two tacos, what Mexican rice that was on my plate, and a tortilla with honey. I was soooo full and probably shouldn't have eaten two tacos, much less the honey slathered tortilla, but it was all soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment